Tuesday, 1 April 2008

Meet Blueberry

About 10 cm tall, fuzzy and blue all over - that's BlueberryBearcat, named thus due to his colour and the uncharcteristic cat-like ears.

Source: Stricken: Grundlages, Muster, Modelle. Naumann & Göbel, 2007. ISBN 978-3625114864

Materials:
  • 1 ball of eyelash yarn
  • 2 mm DPNs
  • left-over red yarn for the scarf
  • two beads for eyes
  • suitable thread to embroider snout
  • filling material/left-over yarn
So this is what I do when I have too little yarn for anything proper. I found that fuzzy yarn isn't for me, so I had to find something else to do with the barely touched ball of eyelash yarn. Luckily, a friend of mine lent me her knitting book and I found this teddy pattern. It listed other materials than I used (see above), but I had to adjust in order to work with this yarn.

The teddy is a very simple and quick knit since all you need to know is how to knit, purl and increase. I should mention that the ears aren't meant to be as pointy as they are here, but that is jst how they turned out, mainly due to the kind of yarn I used. A very fun and satisfying knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment